Saturday, May 10, 2008

Odd Thoughts

So I think that I am firmly committed to getting into shape. At least I hope that is the case. Otherwise I am unsure why I would have had the following thought while out on a jog today:

"Man that guy looks good"

Yep, that was a thought I had. The thought was in reference to his fitness level, he had a good stride, was keeping a good pace, and seemed to be fit. Not overly muscular, but not scrawny either. Essentially he is at where I want to be in a year.

Though the initial thought of him looking good still startled me a little. In all my life, I don't think that has been my initial reaction to any other man. I have eventually appreciated peoples fitness levels, but never on the initial pass.

I imagine that part of it had to do with me laboring along the road, while he breezed by me. I am sure he was thinking:

"Should I follow him for a while, he looks like he is about to die."

He didn't and I didn't. Which I think is best for everyone.

No comments: