Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dramatization?

This has been bothering me for a while, so I figured instead of dwelling on it, I would post it and be done with it.

What has been bothering me is a commercial for a facial clensing product (for the life of me I can't remember what). The gist of the commercial is that a girl is washing/cleaning/moisturizing her face. There is a close up, of her, her face full of the stuff. Your standard commercial...or so I thought.

At the bottom of the screen reads, dramatization. What? So the girl wasn't really washing her face? She didn't really have the facial scrub/soap/moistuizer on? She wasn't really using the product? Or was it a dramatization where she washed her face as she had done earlier in the day? It really is confusing. Once I catch the commercial again, I will try and post a link to the commercial. So you can be as befuddled as I am.

No comments: