Friday, October 31, 2008

An Open Letter to Barack Obama

Dear Senator Obama,

I voted for you today. I went to the polling place and voted early. I wanted to be sure that I was able to cast a vote for you in this Presidential election. I take voting very seriously, it is not an honor that evey nation gives it's people. I feel that my vote today, may be the most important of my life. I know for a fact it is the most important vote I have placed thus far.

That being said, if you are elected, you have to deliver on your promises. You have to leave partisan Washington politics behind, and truly bring the change that you have talked about during your campaign. If your Presidency turns into empty promises and failed initiatives, you will have wasted my vote, and the vote of millions of other people.

You can not go down in history as just another President. You need to be the catalyst that takes our country beyond what is imaginable.

I have done my civic duty, and hopefully helped helped you reach the Presidency. Please don't let me down.

Respectfully,
Eric Powers

No comments: