Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell

Colin Powell, a Republican, African American, and the Secretary of State under George W. Bush, today has come out and endorsed Barack Obama.

I won't dwell on what he said other than this. Something that I think more people should be saying. I will try and find a slimmed down clip, the peice I keyed in on starts at 4 mintes 27 seconds, if you would like to just skip to that.



I wish more people would come out and say this. While I understand that there are people of the Muslim faith that have done some horrible things, and it is a faith that a lot of people (including me) do not know a lot about. Someone being of the Muslim faith should not disqualify them from anything (I guess other than being a Rabbi or Priest). If you decide to start looking at religion, and what has been done in the name of religion you stand on the edge of a very slippery slope.

1 comment:

Fern608 said...

Amen! I think far too many people have forgotten that one of the founding freedoms of this country is our freedom of religion. Frankly, the more I learn about Islam, the more I realize that those that truly practice Islam (not an extremist view of it) are more dedicated to their faith, other human beings, and peace than most Christians I have known.