Friday, October 31, 2008

My Son is going to Hell

People handing out candy in our neighborhood today, received what seemed like a cute gift in return. A boy, maybe 5, was giving out one million dollar bills, as repayment for candy. I thought it was so cute, that I gave him extra candy. I thought it was cute until the misses got home and looked at the bill, advising that on the back was some sort of religious statement.

Since I am not one to get my religion from a fake million dollar bill, I didn't bother reading it. Until my son after reading it exclaimed he was going to hell. This declaration made me wonder what was on the back of the bill.

So here goes....
The Million dollar question : Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on judgement day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in hell. That's not God's will. He sent his son to suffer and die on the cross for you. You broke God's law, but Jesus paid your fine. That means he can legally dismiss your case. He can commute your death sentence. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then he rose from the dead and defeated death. Please repent (turn from sin) today and trust alone in Jesus, and God will grant you the gift of everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

After reading this out loud to my wife, my son said, "so then I am going to hell." I advised that it seems that he could turn to Jesus, repent, and read the Bible every day. To which he replied, "Straight to Hell"

Happy Halloween!!!!

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Your son is hilarious!! Can I bring him to UW-Madison to talk to the religious people that say environmentalists are going to hell because they worship trees?? Because I think your son could win...
Hey, do you think it occurred to the kid or the person that gave the kid the bills that Halloween is considered devil worship by the church and so he really shouldn't be trick or treating in the first place? Whatever gets the bills handed out I guess...