Friday, October 17, 2008

Back to Work

Today is the offical last day of my "bonding time" with Sophia. Come Monday I am back at work. Since my first go round with a newborn took place while I was a sophmore in college, I didn't really go through this. While I was away at times, I was home a lot as well. While I enjoy my job, I am not looking forward to having to go back to work.

This is the first time that I think I have really though that I would love to be a stay at home dad. If I was independantly wealthy, I would be taking the next five years off, to hang out with the kid. While babies are great. The thought of getting to spend a lot of time with her while she is 2-5 would be amazing. When she is learning to walk, talk, and put her stamp on the world.

The time would also give me the time to get into shape, read more books, write a book, meet more people in the community, and still have the same time for the rest of my family that I do now.

I am not independantly wealth, so it is back to work for me.

No comments: