Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Friends

If you are a debate watcher, as I am. I urge you to watch the final debate on CNN. They have a group of 25 people who declare themselves as undecided voters. They give them all perception analyzers (dials that they can turn up or down based on their reaction to what the candidate is saying)that chart on the bottom of the screen the reaction of the group.

It is very interesting to see how people react. One thing that I noticed was anytime a candidate mentioned the other candidate, mostly to bring up their record, the peoples perception of them went down. Which goes along with the conventional wisdom that negative campaigning typically will back fire.

Overall I took that Obama typically had higher ratings over the course of the debate. Especially with women.

Anyway, I like debates, but the perception analyzer added an interesting twist.

No comments: