Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back at it

After a 4 day break from serious exercise, I was back at it today. Not only did a take a 20 minute walk at lunch, a walk with the dog and family after work, but I took a 40 minute walk tonight, followed by some push ups and sit ups.

On my walk I discovered that I love the Green Circle Trail. I have always thought that the 26 plus mile trail that circles Stevens Point and Plover was an asset to the community, but have never truly enjoyed it. Until today. I took off down the trail and realized, that the stretch by my house at least, is beautiful. The path is in great shape, and takes you through the woods. At some point you know you are in a neighborhood, but the houses are far enough away that you can tune them out. It was a really great walk, and I can't wait until I build up enough endurance to jog more of the trail. I think this is the first time I have really been excited about running since I started.

Also, I have dropped below the 230 mark in weight. I weighed in today, assuming to have put weight back on after this weekend. To my suprise I was down about a half a pound. I really want to keep at it and drop the next 10 pound quickly. I think that I am getting to a point where I can do more when I exercise, to burn more calories. With it being nicer out as well, I have been walking at lunch. I walk along the Wisconsin River, while not as nice as the Green Circle, it definitely is a relaxing place to walk.

2 comments:

quartergoddess said...

Man, I miss the Green Circle! Joe and I used to walk there all the time! There are no trails like that in Monroe, so we're stuck walking in the city all the time. Enjoy the walk!

Heather said...

I have loved the Green Circle for years at YOUR house! Wait, wait...not even the Green Circel can bring happiness!