Saturday, August 23, 2008

"My mom told me to"

So I got to spend some time on Bourbon Street in New Orleans last night, after dinner. It is quite an experience. Great music, interesting people, fun atmoshphere.

We were at, The Famous Door, and as they do in New Orleans, they were trying to entice people (females) to take their shirts off for things. In this case bud light T-Shirts. Seeing as it was for Bud Light T-Shirts they didn't have any takers. Then one brave soul took the stage. The MC asked her if she was going to show her goods to get the goods, and she said, "Well, my mom told me to, she is right down there." Sure enough, their was mom, waving to the crowd, supporting her daughters efforts in showing her chest for a cheap T-Shirt.

None of us were quite sure what to make of that. I am sure that Thanksgivings are very interesting at their house.

3 comments:

quartergoddess said...

Sometimes you gotta shake what your momma gave you... especially when she tells you to or you might have to give it back.

Heather said...

I guess you should always encourage your children's talents??? eww.

Fern608 said...

As a mother, I think the woman was just trying to make sure her little girl had an authentic New Orleans experience. Very odd though - way outside of my comfort zone.