Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08

Happy Triple 8 day. More importantly Happy Olympic Opening Ceremony Day. As I type I sit in front of the TV, and take in the opening ceremony. As I have mentioned previously, I love the Olympics.

Trevor was born during the 2000 Sydney Olympics. I spent many a night watching water polo or handball while feeding or changing Trevor. Also since we were in School at the time, my schedule was more condusive to watching hours upon hours of Olympic coverage.

This years Olympics is chalk full of story lines. Not only is it taking place in China, which has loads of stories an intrigue. Will the "Dream Team" take gold, will 40+ year old swimmer Dara Torres medal. Who will win the showdown between the US and Chinese woman's gymnastic teams. The best things about the Olympics is the stories that come out of no where.

Go USA.