Saturday, March 14, 2009

I probably would have told her no as well.

So it seems that Miley Cyrus is going to ruin Radiohead. Apparently she begged her manager at the Grammy's to get the chance to meet Radiohead. When Radiohead was approached, they declined. To their credit, they also turned down Kanye West's people as well. So they are equal opportunity denyers.

That being said. Why is Miley Cyrus even at the Grammy's. Have they sunk that low for ratings, that they need to let Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers perform?

Anyway, I really enjoy Radiohead, which is more so the reason for the post. I first heard them on MuchMusic out of Canada. When I was growing up, we couldn't get cable where we lived, and when my parents finally decided to get Dish, we didn't get the fancy package, which had MTV and VH1. We got the standard package, which came with MuchMusic. Which I loved. I heard so many bands, before I heard them in the US. One of which was Radiohead (another was the Back Street Boys, which I knew of about a year before they hit it big in the US, lucky me).

No comments: