Thursday, March 12, 2009

How Mustard Was Ruined Forever

On New Years Eve, a friend brought with her the worlds best mustard. It was like a spicy honey mustard. It was heavenly. I would eat it every day if possible. About a month ago, I used the last of this mustard of the gods, with some pork chops. Since then, I have tried to avoid meals where I would use some store bought spicy brown mustard, hoping that over time the taste would fade, and I would be able to enjoy the mustard that mere mortals eat.

I failed.

Today we had pork chops, and with them, I used what used to be a very tasty mustard. Today it was crap.

Since the mustard is home made, I may never taste that magnificent mustard again.

So, I have been to the top of Mustard Mountain, and have since slid down those spicy brown slopes, to the bottom.

Tear.

4 comments:

Fern608 said...

Next time you are down here, visit the Mustard Museum in Mt Horeb. They have hundreds of mustards you can sample and buy. Hopefully you'll be able to find a suitable substitute. :)

Austin said...

Not sure if you are referring to the same mustard that Nelli occasionally makes, but you will have to hit her up for a tub of her homemade goodness next time she's in town. I, like you, can no longer eat the store-bought crap. Hooray for the real thing!

Mr Blume said...

You hit it on the head Austin. I didn't know it was possible to fall in love with a condiment, but I did, I fell hard.

Anonymous said...

Send me an email with your new address -- and some mustard will arrive on your doorstep! Did I mention I love this blog...