Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I am a blogger now!!!

I have thought about blogging for quite some time, though I have never thought I would have enough material to fill one. I know that I am an amazingly entertaining individual whose few words posted daily would help solve the worlds problems. After a week and the problems were solved, I figured I would run out of things to write about.

So I have decided to use this blog as a a tool to help me in my quest to complete two projects I am currently working on. I have decided that the only way for me to stay on top of things is to write about it, semi regularly, and endure public humiliation if I fall back into my lazy ways.

On to the projects:

Project 1:

Shed 30-40 pounds. Now those of you that know me must be saying, "If you shed 30-40 pounds you will waste away to nothing", and I understand why you would think that, and thank you. In order to remain in full disclosure, I currently weigh 234 pounds. So 30-40 would put me around 185-190 pounds, which I think is a perfectly fine weight.

Project B:

Complete my list of 30 things to do by the time I turn 30, which is May 6th 2011. I always here people say, "My God, I am 30 and haven't seen Star Wars or eaten a Happy Meal, what have I done with my life so far!", and decided that I will create a list of 30 things to do by the time I am 30, to eliminate that life shattering moment. Now some of you may be shocked by the things on my list, but in order to remain in full disclosure, I have to put the list out for public consumption. It is the only way I will stay on task.

Here are the 30, in no particular order:

1. Ride in the front of a Roller Coaster
2. Ride the Wisconsin Dells Ducks
3. Run a mile in under 5:30
4. Watch the Godfather Trilogy
5. Go to a Badgers Mens Basketball game
6. Dunk a Basketball
7. Go to the top of the Sears Tower
8. Read the Art of War
9. Put up a mantle over our fireplace
10. Go to the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
11. Run a triatholon
12. Make my own Sushi
13. Stay up for 48 hours
14. See the Pacific Ocean
15. Watch Raging Bull
16. Ride a Unicycle
17. Swim a mile
18. Write a Screen Play
19. See Eric Clapton in Concert
20. Finish the Friday New York Times Crossword Puzzle
21. Build an Igloo
22. Bench 200 pounds
23. Attempt to learn Chinese (If I actually learn it, Bonus)
24. Buy a snow blower
25. Drink Green Beer on St. Patricks Day
26. Watch The Hidden Fortress
27. Read My Side of the Mountain to Trevor
28. Ride on the top level of a double decker bus
29. Own Buffy the Vampire Slayer the Complete series
30. Create 40 things to do by 40

So anyway that is the 30. Some of them might not make sense to you, but it is not your list, so shut it.

Now it is time to get the rock out of here.

1 comment:

j.l.b. said...

Nice list - let me know what I can do to help. I think we can knock a couple of those things off during trivia weekend. I'll be your personal motivational speaker. Best of luck! Now, if only I had something to blog about...