Friday, August 28, 2009

I want to win the lottery

So, coming to Phoenix for work, reminds me how much I have come to love to travel. Phoenix seems like a great city to explore, but all I got to see was the highway to and from the airport, the hotel, and California Pizza Kitchen. The atmosphere is so different here. Something about drivin through neighborhoods of lawns full of cactuses that just looks cool. I got to see the sunrise over the mountains this morning, which was an amazing site.

I feel fortunate that work sends me different places throughout the year, but I really wish I could travel with family and friends, as it would make the whole experience more enjoyable.

I know that I don't need to win the lottery to travel, but it sure would help. The tradeshow I was at, was at a very nice resort. I was also lucky that the show organizers upgraded me to a suite. So I hade a nice big room, access to the Regency Club, which had free food and drinks. These are not things that we would most likely be able to afford if we were to travel now.

Sounds like my plane is boarding.

No comments: