Thursday, June 18, 2009

Big City Living


So I headed to a meeting in Chicago on Wednesday. It was neat to be part of the big city work culture, if just for a few hours. Sometimes I think I would like to get lost in the hustle and bustle of a major metroploitan area.

Ride the train into work, head to my high rise building, and my job at a booming internet business, where I get to wear jeans, and work with a guy called Skeeter. I would eat at any number of hip bistros just a stones throw from my building.

After work, grab a drink at our local "hangout", and then hop the train back home.

It seems like such a different world than good old Stevens Point.

That being said, I enjoy my 10 soon to be 2 minute commute to work. I don't mind the buiness casual atmposphere, and I don't have to worry about my company going out of business. So while I think it may be fun, I know at the end of they day, I prefer it right where I am.

No comments: