Friday, May 28, 2010

Still at it...

So I am still going strong. Three weeks into the workplace, Healthy Overhaul, competition, and I am still counting calories, and excersising. So far it seems to be paying off. When I weighed in at work yesterday I had dropped 15 pounds in the three weeks.

I am finally putting our treadmill to some use. We bought it a few months back, with the thought process that if we bought something really expensive, it would force us to excercise, beacuse we didn't want it to be a waste of money. For a while, outside of a few uses, mainly by the misses, it looked like it would collect dust with our stationary bike and eliptical. Now I hop on it at least 4 times a week, if not more.

I also have started using this excersise band in place of weights to help build muscle. With Sophia around, and our house already full of crap I don't want to have weights lying around, so this band is a great alternative. I have pretty much figured out a way to do almost any weight lifting move I would want. I am not trying to get ripped, so it does it's job.

I also got a bike. Trevor finally learned how to ride, so I got one to ride with him. It was fun taking it out on the Green Circle and just going fast. During this whole get back into shape process I realized that is the thing I missed the most. Being able to go out and be fast. Not sprinter fast, but Cross Country, High School Miler fast. I look forward to finding my speed again.

No comments: