Monday, May 10, 2010

I think I could take a Mountain Lion in a fight.

So, I am back at it. I started this back in March of '08 to among other things, get healthier. Well it begins again. This time I am starting out a bit worse than last time. 240 over 234 to be exact. On the bright side, after a few days I am down to 237. The great thing about being crazy out of shape, is that with a little healthy eating and exercise you can really drop some weight quick.

I also have an Ipod Touch app, that helps me keep track of calories eaten and burned. Obviously there are a lot of opinions on the best way to lose weight, but I find keeping track of calories a good start. It really makes me take a better look at what I am eating, and think twice about eating a lot of things. The dance throughout the day often is, if I eat this now, how much am I going to need to exercise later to even things out.

With the exercising comes blogging again. I realized that while walking I spend 30 minutes rambling to myself in my head. Today I thought about what would happen if I saw a mountain lion. I decided that based on my location at the time, I would climb one of the pine trees in the area, and then try and get a video of it with my phone. I figured that I would be able to keep the Mountain Lion at bay with kicks, and it would grow tired of it and eventually leave. The trees were big enough for me to climb, but small enough to make it difficult to get to me.

If I didn't have time to climb a tree, I would try and scare it away, if it started coming at me. If push came to shove, I would dodge it as ait lunged at me, and put it in a sleeper hold. I am pretty sure that sleeper holds work on Mountain Lions.

No comments: