Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!!

In celebration of Earth Day, I decided to give a shout out to one of my closest friends who now lives so far away...Nelli.

It really is perfect timing. As today I received a jar of her amazing mustard. I can't tell you how great it is. I literally wanted to eat it with a spoon. I refrained, but it was hard. I have two pork chops waiting in the fridge for the mustard to arrive, and lunch tomorrow will be heavenly.

So, the mustard's arrival, coupled with a day that Nelli holds dear, I thought it would be a good time to talk about all things Nell.

I have know Nell for over 20 years now. My memories go back to pre Kindergarten. I remember a birthday party at her house. I was the only boy, because Nate had to go to some wedding. The only thing I remember was Becky Beversdorf (from what I remember) slammed her hand in the door.

The first bike I rode, was Nelli's. I am sure it was pink and frilly.

After Kindergarten Nelli and I parted ways, I went to Eland she went to Wittenberg. We met back up in 6th grade in Middle School. We hung out in the same circles through High School and into College.

It was always a fun timing hanging out with Nell. From late nights roaming the neighborhoods of Wausau or hanging out on Alanna's trampoline, it was always a good time.

She was the first person that found out we were having a baby in college, and helped bring Trevor home from the hospital.

One thing has been constant throughout the years, that Nelli has been an amazing friend. Even though she now lives, like a million miles away. She is still a great friend, and sends me mustard.

I enjoy reading her husbands blog (by the way, Austin is a great guy as well, and I am happy the two of them met) and keeping up on the adventures that they take. I look forward to hearing about the newest chapter and their time in Alaska.

So, thanks for being awesome Nell, and Happy Earth Day.

Oh, PS, today for each policy sold, we donated a tree.

1 comment:

Nell said...

Aw!!! -- I am sitting here bawling my eyes out! Thank you for your sweet words and decades of friendship (can you believe that DECADES!) So glad you love the mustard -- let me know when its running more and I'll send you more once we get to AK;) Hugs! and Happy Earth day...