Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I still have a job.....but I might now work for the government

As some of you know, I work for a company that is owned by a much larger company. That much larger company seems to be in a bit of trouble lately. Going out of business, bankruptcy, needs 40 Billion dollars to operate trouble. Which leads me to have to answer the following question a lot. "I saw your company is in trouble, are you going to lose your job?"

I do still have a job, and plan to have one for quite some time. I don't know what exactly my current and parent company will look like at the end of the week, but, I will still have a job.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Addendum
So it looks like Uncle Sam opened up his checkbook and bailed us out. I imagine that this is only the beginning of the saga. I wonder if I get a cushy government pension now?

1 comment:

quartergoddess said...

Hmmm... probably not. But you might have to sell your soul to Dick Cheney. Read the fine print before you sign ANYTHING!!